Friday, May 14, 2010

We might have babies in the next two weeks!

We have made it to 33 weeks, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can still make it a bit longer so the girls have time to gain the weight they need and stay out of the NICU. Here is my 32 week belly picture....


I have been gaining a steady pound a week for the last couple of months or so. It's funny because I was going in every 2 weeks and each time they would weigh me it would be up another 2 lbs from the previous visit, never anymore, never any less, 2 lbs right on the money. I went in this last Tuesday for my 32 weeks appointment. He measured both the girls and was having a hard time getting accurate measurements with Makinsey (Baby A). He said it looks like she weighs about 3.0 lbs. Brooklyn (Baby B) on the other hand was in full cooperation mood, and she is weighing in around 3.7lbs. He said he is a little worried that Makinsey might be falling behind growth wise, but I'm hoping that it just appears that way because he couldn't get an accurate measurement. He checked my cervix and I was dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced. I was so shocked when he said that! He told me I MIGHT have 2 more weeks before the girls make their appearance. How insane is that?! I am excited, but at the same time I am scared. I hope that they stay in as long as possible and gain the weight they need. I just don't want them to have to spend weeks in the NICU is my main concern. But I know if they have to it's for a good reason. I get to start going to see my Dr every week, but because they were booked solid for this Tuesday, I won't be going again till Thursday which seems like forever away! I guess that is IF I make it to next Thursday. When I was dilated to a 3 with Taylor I only made it 5 days, so I guess we will see!

Here is a comparison of me at 38 weeks with Taylor, 3 days before I had her....


And a picture of me at 32 weeks with the twins (yes I got "Mommy Badges" this time around, quite a few actually)....


It appears to me that I am now the same size at I was with Taylor, all though I am not very fond of the shape of my belly this time around. With Taylor I had all the roundness going on, this time around it rounds and then just drops off, it's weird. LOL!

I made a big boo boo the other night! I seriously thought I was gonna have to go to the emergency room! Let me just start from the begining and say, I had to take my wedding ring of months ago because my fingers were starting to swell up which made me VERY sad. I love my wedding rings! Anyways, they have been sitting in the bathroom on the shelf. After my Dr appointment the other day I decided I should probably pack my hospital bag (something I didn't do with Taylor). While I was packing bathroom stuff I seen my rings and thought "Let me see if I can get these on." So I placed it on my finger and it fit perfect, slide right on and right off just like old times so I thought "What the hell, I'll keep wearing them!" Which was all fine and great till I woke up at 4am and could feel the tightness on my finger. I got up and tried to get it off, no luck. Went into the bathroom and tried the old lotion trick, no luck. Went down stairs and got a bag of ice thinking that would help the swelling, no luck. Tried to lay/sleep for a little bit with my hand elevated above my heart, still no luck. I ended up going to be and when I woke up it was still just as bad, I thought for sure I would have to go some place and have them cut my wedding rings off my hand. As a last resort I tried putting some EVOO on my hand....Nope, didn't work. I decided to wash the oil off my hands and thought that maybe if I just left it alone for awhile the swelling would go down on it's own and I would be able to take it off, except while I was washing the oil off my hands the ring came off! THANK GOODNESS!!! So I will not be trying to wear my wedding rings again until after these babies are born, lesson learned! All though I really should have known since I have been having problems with my ankles swelling up on me lately.

I got the hospital bag packed up, which I feel great about. Even got a bag packed up for Taylor so she is ready when it happens. I worked on the girls baby books a bit the other night, and threw those in the bag too. I figure it will give me something to do at the hospital when I'm not able to be with the girls. I still can't believe how fast this is all going! Crazy I tell!!

I also got 99% of the girls room done, and got their bedding. I love it! The only other thing I want to do besides clean up the rest of the stuff, is maybe look into getting some kind decal or lettering to put their names on the wall since they seem so bare. And of course I have pictures to share, LOL!








I started my new hours at work, and let me just tell you how AMAZING it feels! I now work 9am-3pm Mon-Fri. But that still means I leave my house at 8am and don't get home till 4pm so it's still like working an 8 hour day. Things are not working out too well with my fill in though. She is good in the fact that she works till 6pm every night, but aside from that she seems to be...how do I say this nicely?...An airhead?! Scatter brain?! Idiot?! Take your pick, any of them fit her well. On Tuesday I was off work because of my Dr appointment and because Taylor had one later in the afternoon. When I came in on Wednesday there were half finished piles of work laying all over the office, randomly where ever she set them down and apparently forgot about them. So I went through that morning and finished it all up and got everything back in order. When she came in she first of all made the mistake of coming into my "personal bubble" and then proceeded to ask me if I had a problem...Ummm, first of all you don't cross me like that, second of all you don't cross me like that when I am THIS pregnant! So I told her that I'm stressed out, and that she is a main cause of it. That she has been her for atleast 8 weeks and that I feel as though she has learned nothing this entire time because I have to keep telling her the same things over and over, she keeps messing up the same things over and over, and keeps asking me the same questions over and over. Before she was hired I sat down and typed up step by step notes on everything involved in my job, 21 pages worth, and when they hired her she was given a copy of them. They are a jumbled mess that are now in no order because of her, and she then had the nerve to try and tell me my notes are wrong! Ummm...??? Seriously...??? This was after she asked me if she could throw away important paperwork after she faxed it....Please, please, please show me where it says in my notes to throw the paperwork away after you fax....Oh that's right it doesn't! She then proceeded to tell me that maybe I should go to our boss and tell him, because we still have 2 weeks, we could get someone else in here to learn the job.....Hello Space cadet! You haven't been able to pick it up in 8 weeks, what makes you think someone else is going to come in and learn it all in the 2 weeks that I MIGHT have left?! Dipshit.... But of course my boss is an idiot also and doesn't care if she is learning the job or not, why?! Because he isn't going to be the one who has to deal with the things that are messed up later on. This is appearant to me by the fact that instead of giving her certain things when I was off on Tuesday he waited till Wednesday to give them to me because "he didn't want to confuse her." In all reality it wasn't something that should have confused her, and besides that what are you going to do when I'm not here?! Wait 6-8 weeks to have it done when I do come back? I'm seriously considering a career change at this point, and have actually been thinking about NOT coming back to work once the girls are born....who knows, it's all up in the air right now.

I'm already spoiled by this whole working 30 hours a week thing. It's just so nice to get home at a decent time and still have time to get things done around the house. Yesterday I got out of work, went to our bank to deposit a check, went to the other bank to pay the mortgage, stopped by the store to pick up stuff for dinner, dropped a movie off at the redbox, went to the post office to mail out some bills and Taylor's pictures to family, came home and made lasagna, did a load of dishes, folded the laundry, and then proceeded to clean pretty much the entire rest of the house all before taking a shower and going to bed....it was amazing! If only I could talk my dear hubby into letting me just be a stay at home mom!

I suppose I have written enough for the day, and I should get going for now. I'll be sure to update if anything new and exciting happens before my next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment