Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Baby Shower!

Well, I had my baby shower this past Saturday and it went amazing! The games were a blast, everyone had a good time with them and they were fast and low maintenance in my opinion. The food was good, and of course even though I tried not to have a lot made, there was still a ton left over. And I just loved the colors, and the theme.....Red and Blue, Cat in the hat/Thing 1 & Thing 2! Here are a few pictures from the shower....















It was a great turn out and we ended up with a ton of stuff. I just uploaded a few pictures for an idea. I got the best shirt ever, it says "Let's get one thing straight, You're Fat, I'm Pregnant!" I was cracking up at it! The girls got quite a few outfits, but only about half of them were exact matches, the others matched some what but not totally, so that was nice. We ended up with a closet full of diapers and wipes, enough that I don't think we will have to buy a single diaper or wipe for at least a couple of months! I'll take pictures when I get their room all the way done.

I went in for my check up today and the Dr said that everything is looking great. My cervix is still okay so no bed rest or restrictions this week! He also measured each baby to check their size and he said that was right on track with where they need to be, they are just a hair under what is "normal" for a single baby so I think that is a great thing. Baby A was measuring in around 2.7lbs and Baby B was measuring in around 2.2 lbs. So they are both pretty equal, and as long as they keep growing at this rate, and I manage to hold off labor for about 7 more weeks, then everything should be great with the girls and hopefully we won't have to deal with any NICU issues or major concerns. I have to say, that even though it's been a scary ride at times, this has been an ideal twin pregnancy so far! I just can't believe that the time has gone so fast and it's right around the corner!

I'm also up about 2.5lbs this week, so that means I've been gaining about a pound a week. I think I was 163 at my last visit and this week I was at 165.5 so I think that is good, only 14 lbs gained so far. As long as the Dr isn't complaining, neither am I, LOL!

My allergies have started kicking in this week and it's driving me insane. I normally would just take a couple of Allegra, but because I wasn't sure I have put off taking anything till I could talk to my Dr about it. He said I was okay to take some Clairtin so I'm gonna pick up some of those tonight and hopefully they will work just as good as the Allegra seems to help.

Work seems to be on the slow side this week. Last week I was pretty busy with training Renee and Rachel being on vacation, I had plenty to keep me busy, so that was nice. I am more than ready for a break though. I seem to get more and more exhausted as the weeks go on.

Well I suppose I should be going for now, but just to end this I thought I would include a picture of Taylor and I on Easter Day after everyone got done eating... I just think it is so cute....

No comments:

Post a Comment