Friday, February 12, 2010

Name changes.....again

I swear that just about the time I start to think that I am out of the morning sickness phase, it comes back just to surprise me! I woke up feeling good this morning, actually haven't felt real sick in a while now. Got ready for work, ate a bowl of cereal and that was the end of my feeling good streak! I think the Special K Blueberry must not have set right with me, so I won't be trying to eat that again for awhile.

On a totally unrelated note, I decided that picking out names for your children just seems to get harder and harder with the more you have! Naming Taylor seemed so easy, it just came to us and it flowed. But picking names for these babies I swear I can't decide on a for sure name! Makinsey Lynn is here to stay, Dan picked the name and he loves it and I love it and, well even if I didn't love it I think I would have a hard time making him choose another. I thought I loved Paige Lillian for awhile, until the whole "Page Lillian to the living room" fiasco and the more and more I said it, I realized that it just didn't flow right. I do like the name Paige, but trying to come up with a middle name to go with it was the part that kept throwing me for a loop. I love the idea that all three girls will have a more modern name (Taylor, Makinsey, and Paige) and I liked the idea that they would all have a pretty common middle name (Marie, Lynn, and ???). Lillian didn't fit into the common middle names, Lee didn't seem to fit, Ann would work but it's my mom's middle name and if non of the other kids are being named after someone I didn't want to start now. Elizabeth would have been great, but I've already talked about the hissy fit my sister in law threw so that was out of the question. Sue? Didn't sound right either. Rose? Nope didn't fit. Noelle sounds nice, but again it's my cousin's middle name. After much thought, I decided that the only way around this was to change the first name, so that is what we have done....yet again....LOL! So right now, at the half way point of 20 weeks, the names we have picked are.....

Makinsey Lynn & Brooklyn Rose

And I LOVE them! I'm just hoping that I continue to love them and we don't change them again. I can't believe that I'm 20 weeks already, it seems so insane, but I am sooo super excited about it! We go a week from today for the big anatomy ultrasound and I can't wait, it will be so exciting to go.

So Valentine's day is this weekend, and Dan and I usually don't do much for each other but I think that this year I am going to surprise him and make him a steak dinner. I say it's for him, but really I just have a constant craving for steak, and well, I gotta get it anyway I can...LOL!

It's about time for lunch, so I have to go run some errands and grab some food. I hope everyone has a good weekend and a good Valentines!!

No comments:

Post a Comment